On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:49:01 -0500
Jim Tarvid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 08 November 2002 09:20 pm, you wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience with the PC Chips 810lmr motherboard?
> > Specifically, does Mandrake 9.0 recognize the on-board video, sound and
> > ethernet?  Are there any gotchas with this board?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Joeb
> If you haven't bought it yet and are tempted because it is cheap don't do it.
>
> If you have, Linux will work as well as the other OS but save your pennies,
> odds are you'll need a replacement.
>
> Jim Tarvid
>
> PS. I've seen a couple of these work and the equally damned ECS boards are
> sometimes simply amazing.

No, I haven't purchased it yet, but have an opportunity to replace an aging ABit
motherboard w/K62-500 with the 810lmr w/1.3gh duron for about $70.  Actually, I have
the same option for an ECS board, too.  My concerns with either the PC Chips or ECS is
that their are only two pci slots, so if either the onboard video or ethernet don't
work, I'll be out of slots (modem takes one of the pci slots and my old video card is
also pci).  Again, relatively low cost is what's driving this.

Joeb