I noticed yesterday that I had two instances of 'dhcpcd' running for the
same interface (i.e. 'dhcpcd -Y -N eth0').

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems, but I'd prefer to only have
one copy running.  From looking at the log files, it looks like the
hotplug stuff is bringing up the interface and then the 'network'
service is doing it again.  Since I don't have a hotplug network
interace, I'd like to remove it from that, but I can't figure out where
hotplug is being started.  It appears to be right after the runlevel is
changed at boot time, but before starting 'iptables' which is the first
thing I have starting.  Can anyone tell me where 'hotplug' gets started?

TIA,

Jim