Hi,

my old mobo Asus A7V133 broke down so now I have 2 of the 3 disks useless:
they were set as RAID 0 via BIOS, now they gave me an ECS mobo without raid
controller and I'm scared I could lose datas if I connect these 2 disks
to another controller.
Luckily, the first disk (with Linux, MDK9) is safe.

Now I have 3 ideas, could you help me telling me which one is the best one?

Idea #1: I set a software RAID 0 with linux. If it works, I will have the
raid again and I can backup datas.

Idea #2: I borrow an 80 gigs disk (I had 40+40) and, with a software, I
"recontruct" the whole disk: if raid 0 write one byte here and one byte
there, I should be able to do the opposite and have, in the 80 gigs hard
drive, everything intact. Unfortunately, I don't know any software able
to do this and I don't know how the bytes were divided between the 2 disks.
Help is needed (I will search for something with google).

Idea #3: the same as #2 but, instead of borrowing an 80 gigs hd, I set a
virtual device (but how?) that reads one byte here and one there. It's not
easy to fond a spare 80 gigs disk!

Of course, after the backup I'll set a SOFTWARE raid.

Moreover, I don't now whether to smile or to cry: the situation is stimulating,
but the datas are (at the moment) lost!

A big thanks to anyone who'll help...

Olaf