don't do that if there is a chance that the XP box won't be up when you
boot...

it'll cause probs..

better that you make a new bash script put it in /usr/sbin and put all your
mount commands in there..

ie:

#!/bin/sh

smbmount /blah/blah.....
smbmount /blah/blah.....

save it as mountXP or something.. then make it executable with chmod 755
/usr/sbin/mountXP

then whenever you want to mount your partitions, just run the file... you
could even make an unmountXP
put links on your desktop...

makes things nice and simple.. my /sbin is full of shortcut files I've
knocked up to save typing..

rgds

Frank