021116 Luke Vandervort wrote:
> On Saturday 16 November 2002 03:47 am, Philip Webb wrote:
>> maybe this has been fixed in the latest version of Fetchmail,
>> but i suspect that i may be missing a step needed when i update.
>>
>> yesterday, i checked the Update list in MCC
>> & found 3 packages listed for Fetchmail 6.1.0-0.1mdk ,
>> which i installed, replacing Fetchmail 5.9.12-1mdk .
>> i left  ~/.fetchmailrc  unaltered.
>>
>> today, i found that no mail had been downloaded from my 2 ISP servers,
>> but checking them directly ( ssh  to one, KMail for the other),
>> discovered that there were many messages waiting to be retrieved.
>>
>> i tried to run Fetchmailconf (6.1.0),
>> but it failed to start with a reference to  --configdump  (IIRC).
>>
>> after i removed the  3  6.1.0 packages with MCC
>> & re-installed the  3  5.9.10 packages from CD & rebooted,
>> all is well again, incl a successful "test" with Fetchmailconf.
>>
>> was there something else i needed to do or did 6.1.0 have a bug?
>> IIRC 6.1.2 appeared on Cooker today, but 6.1.0 is still in the Update list.
> I had the same problem, I went out and got the latest fetchmail 6.1.2
> and installed with .tar.gz files. all worked well ...

i ran into a 2nd problem when i used MCC to remove the 6.1.0 RPM :
it renamed  /etc/fetchmailrc  & restoring the 5.9.12 RPM didn't restore it
with the result that the Fetchmail daemon refused to start:
it's needed if Fetchmail is started by root at boot time.
it seems to be working now, so i shall leave well alone for the time being.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]