Bruce Endries wrote:

> Can anyone point me to information on how to make a device node
> for a scsi tape drive which was added to the system after the
> install?
>
> This is in Mandrake 9.0. There doesn't seem to be any st0 in /dev.
>
> Bruce

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Try looking at the man for "mknod". It should give you some direction.
The trick is the major and minor terms when you run mknod. Maybe this
will be a good starting place for you. After years of making special
device files, I still have to dig around for the major and minor values.
Good luck, and happy hunting...

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods