John McQuillen grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 12:31, David Guntner wrote:
>
> > Well, the TERM value that *I'm* using doesn't come in to play, in this
> > case. :-)  I'm using a PHP web application which uses expect to spawn
> > screen and do its thing.  So it's the apache user that's executing this
> > command from within the web server.  There's no TERM set for that, nor
> > should there be (as far as I know).  Is there a setting/command-line
> > switch/something else that can be used to tell screen to disregard TERM (or
> > the lack thereof?)
> >
> Can't you just include ?TERM=xterm in your link to the application?

Will that interfere with other things that are already set up?  The address
line already shows ?otherstuff=somethingelse when I click on a link, so I
know that it's already looking at what it's being called with.

I'm just trying to avoid problems here. :-)  I'll give it a try.

Alternately, is there a way to specify the TERM variable on the expect
spawn?  For example, one of the scripts has this in it:

cd $op19
set timeout 20
spawn screen ./nwserver -interactive -maxclients $op0 -minlevel $op1 -
  maxlevel $op2 -pauseandplay $op3 -pvp $op4 -servervault $op5 -elc $op6
  -ilr $op7 -gametype $op8 -oneparty $op9 -difficulty $op10
  -autosaveinterval $op11 -dmpassword $op12 -adminpassword $op13
  -servername $op14 -publicserver $op15 -reloadwhenempty $op16
  -port $op17 -module $op18
match_max 100000
expect eof

(The indenting is being done by me to make the wrap-around readable.
Everything from "spawn" until just before "max_match" is all on one line.)
I'll give a try to doing the TERM=xterm that you mention above - hopefully
it will work.  I'm just curios to see if there's another way in case that
doesn't work....

                  --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!