I just cannot believe this.  I have a laptop (IBM Thinkpad) with absolutely no
available IRQ resources.  None.  The only things attached to this is a phone
cord for the modem (linmodem/winmodem).  Every single IRQ is used up such
that I cannot insert any pcmcia cards while connected via modem because the
IRQ conflicts and trashes the pcmcia card.

I want to be able to use my wlan card as an AP, have the laptop connected via
modem, and have my desktop get to the internet via my laptop's phone
connection.  Basic connection sharing, but it appears flat out impossible.

Without the wlan card inserted, my IRQs look thus:

           CPU0
  0:     175953          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       4347          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:     128808          XT-PIC  ESS Solo-1
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:     535202          XT-PIC  i82365, ltserial
 10:      15360          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
 12:      47425          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      25766          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          2          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Looking at this one can see that IRQ 3 is available.  If I insert my wlan
card, it takes IRQ 3 and...the system either locks up or the pcmcia card is
useless - likely because ltserial, the modem (driver) is sharing and IRQ with
the pcmcia bus controller.  When there is no card inserted there is no
problem but insert a card and there is a wreck.  Can anyone suggest ANY way
to get this working?

praedor

--
Conservatives of all times are adventitious liars.
- Friedrich Nietzsche.