I have successfully installed 9.0 on three machines.

Two are all OK.

On the third, Linux runs, as initiated by XOSL or by its floppy, but always after exit the active flag on the C drive (which contains XOSL) is clobbered, leaving an unbootable machine which requires an MSDOS FDISK run from the Windows startup floppy to fix it.

This machine is Pentium 2, 300MHz, 64MB, 20GHB hard disk, and runs Windows 98 faultlessly.

I have installed two 9.0s, expert, all selected except servers, LILO, in different partitions on this machine and both have this problem.

Not very encouraging for my customer, is it? Frankly, very embarrasing.

Anybody got any ideas what to do?

Why would anything in runtime Linux ever have reason to look at the active flag in the MBR on C:? Let alone change it? Beats me!

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
troels... now updated to use ftp.sunet.se server.