(FYI--mdk 9.0 on an i686)

I have had problems with Konsole after upgrading to the full Qt
(Qt3, in my case).  Someone on the mandrake newbie list said he also had
the same problem with Konsole and Kmail after building and installing
Qt2.  His problem went away with a reboot.

[I don't use kmail, so that one isn't an issue for me. (It is a hassle
shutting down and restarting artsd after booting to have system sounds,
though.)  Right now, I can do everything I need to do in Konsole with a
virtual console, so I can get along while figuring this out and fixing
it.]

When I try to open Konsole, I get a segfault and core dump from
libc.so.6   Tracking down the problem, I've found that in /lib/i686/ and
/lib/, libc.so.6 it is symlinked to libc-2.2.5.so , but in /lib/lsb/ it
is symlinked to libc-2.2.90.so  This looks like a good setup for a
conflict.  If I try to list the contents of /lib/lsb/ from _inside_
the directory,I get a core dump...but from _outside_ the directory, with
a full path, I get the contents list.

My first inclination is to change the symlink in /lib/lsb/ for lib.so.6
to point to the libc-2.2.5.so  to match the other two and allow
libc-2.2.90.so to live there, too, in case something needs it.

Before I start changing symlinks, does anyone have an educated guess if
this is the correct change...or if there is something else I need to fix
instead?  Also--(because of the core dump issue) can changes be made
while  running kde/virtual console, do I need to use
a window manager other than kde or will I need to boot the install
CD1/rescue to make the changes without the filesystem mounted?

TIA!
Frank