dropped a new 40GB IDE drive into one of my MDK9 boxes and used
diskdrake to do one big partition and format it as ext3fs. This went
successfully and it reported 38GB usable, so I proceeded to copy my mp3s
over -- which halted at 1.3GB with disk full. df -h verified that the
volume was in fact 1.3G in size. I repeated the process a few times with
reboots and what not, no soap. What finally worked was doing an ext2
partition and then converting it to ext3.

the end,
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...