Larry Sword wrote:

David Guntner wrote:

I thought I had my system set up to not expire passwords, but apparently, I got it wrong. :-) When logging in today, I got a popup window warning me that my password would expire in 6 days.

I suspect it's something under /etc/security somewhere, but I'm not sure which file, and what has to be in it to turn off password expire. Does anyone know what needs to be set where to turn it off?

--Dave

Try linuxconf, User account configuration. You can set the passwd to never expire in the Parms section.

Oh, and the setting is in /etc/sysconfig/msec file.
TMOUT=0  # for never expire

Larry