On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 16:52, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> El Sáb 30 Nov 2002 03:37, KevinO escribió:
> >
> > Damian Gatabria wrote:
> > > current filesystems (and kernel) file size limit is 4TB (4096 gigs)..
> >
> > Not anymore, and not for some time.
> >
> > I have a 27 GB tar file on an ext3 filesystem on a Mandrake 8.0 system
> > running a (stock) SMP kernel.
> >
> > I believe the actual filesystem limit for the reiserfs currently shipping
> > is 16TB.
> >
> > I have a number of files (large mpegs) that are stored on a reiserfs
> > partition of a Mandrake 8.2 box. Many of them are over 5GB.
> >
> > - --
> > KevinO
> >

> That is exactly what i'm saying, Kevin.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that the reference was to a 2GB file size
limit on the recieving box.... which in this case is NT... which I
believe even with the newest patch updates is still true for NT.
However I haven't used a windows NT box but once or twice in my life.
(and yes I'm bragging *grin*) So no matter how big a file you can put on
Linux it won't go onto NT if NT limits file size to 2gb......

James