Hi there,

I have now managed to resolve a problem that I originally emailed to the list
about a year ago and thought, for the sake of completeness, I would give the
solution. The original email is appended below and was about the failure of
2.4 series kernels to boot properly on an Asus A7M266-D motherboard.

The solution is to disable MPS 1.4 Support in the BIOS. Not sure what that
does but it fixes the problem. The reason I came across it is that I upgraded
to Mandrake 9.0 by doing a fresh install, the only problem being that the
installer hung right away. I guess it must be based on the 2.4 kernel whereas
the 8.1 installer (which worked) was based on 2.2?

Paul.

---