[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,
I have a problem configuring X (Xfree86 version 4.2.1) on linux
mandrake 9. I have a Philips 107X2 monitor (17'') and an ATI Radeon 7500
graphic adapter. When I try to start or configure X the monitor shuts down
(the led passes from green to yellow) and I have to restart the system.
Is it a known issue?
What can I do?
Thanks
Federico

Federico,

Try doing this:

Select the highest resolution that the monitor can handle as per your monitor specifications.
Reboot and when or if the same situation arises cycle through the various settings using "ctrl+alt + keys.
You should find one setting that will work.
You can the go back to settings windows in MCC and set the monitor resolution to the one which worked with your system.

Larry