This time "David Guntner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> Of late, I've been getting TONS of "named: lame server resolving ...."
> messages anytime a DNS lookup takes place locally.  I've got the caching
> nameserver package installed, with BIND9.  ML 9.0.  Anyone have any ideas
> what would be causing this?  My syslog is starting to get really
> crowded.... :-)

  It's got nothing to do with your DNS, it's the DNS server of the
  domains you are accessing that are lame(ly) configured. You may want
  to add a rule to your syslogd.conf to get rid of the errors or send
  them to another file so they don't crowd your messages...you can
  ignore that error completely, from everything I've ever been able to
  find out.

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_