Failing to find src rpms for KDE 3.0.5 for mandrake, I had to resort to Redhat
8.0 src rpms.  I can get around the differences without too much difficulty
except for one brain-dead feature of RPM.  A feature that I hope I am wrong
about and someone will correct me.

I just spent about an hour trying to build a kdelibs-3.0.5 src rpm.  It was
almost finished but then crapped out because of a kdoc problem.

<Rant>
Building an RPM should NOT be dependent upon noncritical issues like documents
or other nonintegral froo-froo.  Perhaps Mandrake could FIX Redhat's broken
RPM by making it more fault tolerant so that rpm builds can be completed
inspite of missing or failing a noncritical portion (like doc generation)?!
</Rant>

OK, that said, my build attempt died when qt2kdoc was trying to run to
convert, I believe, qtdocs into kdocs:

qt2kdoc /doc/html

There IS no /doc directory which is what I suspect the problem was.  I am
still unable to find the file that tells the make process to look for qt docs
in /doc/html but that is besides my point.  Is there a way to continue an rpm
build rather than have to start all over again?  It was DONE compiling and
was simply doing extraneous froo-froo tidying up before creating/writing the
rpms.  If I do an rpm --rebuild or rpm -bb kdelibs.spec, I am stuck starting
over from scratch from untarring to reconfiguring to rebuilding.  Is there a
way to resume a build?

praedor