Thank you Peter,

        However, with dump/restore I couldn't change my filesystem from
ext2 to reiserfs, could I?

        Then here is my proposed mini how-to and, please, see if it's
right:

1- Install new bigger HD
2- Format (with reiserfs in my case) and mount it
3- copy whole old HD to the new one
(but how? With a simple 'cp', 'cpio', 'dd' or 'dump'?)
3- Run 'mkinitrd' and lilo
4- Pray

I would ask to anyone else look too this, please.

Bye,

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva