Hello guys

I'm trying to create divx files using dvdrip and transcode.  There are
no errors, and an AVI file is created, but either it is empty (1 or 2k
in size) using single pass, or the file is created, but no player can
open it.

mplayer gave the clearest error message:
"AVI: Generated index table for 0 chunks!
AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :("

In the past, transcode 0.53 (on SuSE) seemed to work for me with dvdrip.
I tried using both the DIVX4 and DIVX5 codec.

These are some of my installed packages:
Video-DVDRip-0.47-0.10.1plf
transcode-0.6.2-0.20021024.1plf
mplayer-0.90-0.pre9.3plf
avifile-player-0.7.18-1plf