On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 12:42, Sridhar wrote:
> What is the permissions on the passwd file in the .vnc directory in ur home?
>
> -Sridhar

Sridhar it creates the permissions right 664 and the user right on the
file... It just doesn't tell it to do 2 things

1.  check to see if it's there.
2.  read it after the above.

MDK has hacked pretty heavy on this startup to get it not to default to
twm (the default on a normal tightvnc install) and in this version what
it does is find out that users default wm and use that.  But the
downside is that something here got "ooops" and missed.

The hack to fix it is somewhere in MDK's startup script for vncserver.
My guess is that a typo or an extra dd in vi dropped a line of code.

James