On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:59:24 -0600
Narfi Stefansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Leadtek WinFast A170 TH GeForce 4 MX 420 64MB AGP TV-Out
> Asus V7100 Pro Pure MX400 64MB AGP
> Gainward GeForce2 MX400 64MB AGP

Toss-up, they all use the same chip.
None are fully supported unless you use the closed-source nvidia drivers
but any should give good 2d performance using the nv driver

> ATI / Powercolor Radeon 9000 64MB DDR 250MHz TV/DVI

Not supported so you would only be able to use the vega driver so it is
at this time not worth any extra cost.

> ATI Radeon 7500 Dual Head 64MB AGP

Pass, flaky behavior can vary between systems.
Some have no problem others nothing but.

Would like to add another suggestion that would be in the lower price
range of the cards you listed.
ATI Xpert 2000 32mb using Rage 128 chipset.
Running it on 2 system with full 3d accel and no problems.
There is a problem (freezing when switching back and forth between X and
the virtual consoles) with the Rage 128 Mobility cards but not with
those used in standard desktops.

    Charles

I am very fond of the company of ladies.  I like their beauty,
I like their delicacy, I like their vivacity, and I like their silence.
                -- Samuel Johnson
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]