Hi Dave,

I am surprised that works, here chmod +s only gives user and group +s
so my normal user can still not run it.

Any other ideas? I could use a script, but there must be something more elegant

Regards

JG

Dave Sherman wrote:
On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 12:07, J. Grant wrote:

Hi,

I'm seeing some strange effects, this has been going on for a while, but i've not got around to asking if there is a solution, basically, even though I have "user" in my fstab I can only unmount my cdrom as root.

Any ideas or solutions?

I ran into a similar problem with RedHat 8.0 and Samba (couldn't unmount
a share as a user, even though I had mounted the share as the same
user), my solution was to (as root):
	# chmod +s /usr/bin/smbumount

I would think your solution would be to check /bin/mount and
/bin/umount, and try the same thing on umount.

This is not a secure solution, but it works on my (single-user) laptop.