On Monday 16 December 2002 12:38 am, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Does anybody know which file permissions i need to
> change so CUPS let's me change my printer
> settings? Currently i cannot do it ("permission denied"
> even as root)
>
> Thanks much.
>

> Damian

Damian, which version of Mandrake? If you're using version 9, then you can use
that web based setup and when you're asked for your login and password, if
you use "root" and your root password it should let you in with no problem.
Are you using your root password? Off the cuff, that sounds like the problem.
Let me know how you come out

--
Jonathan Dlouhy
Tuesday, December 17, 2002
HEADLINES! Enraged cow injures farmer with ax
Registered Linux user #264482      Powered by Mandrake Linux 9