Tibbetts, Ric wrote on Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:57:59AM -0800 :
>> All;
>> Thank you for the assist. Vincent: An excellent write up on LDAP!
>> With that write up in hand, I got my client to connect to the company
LDAP
>> server.
>> Now if I can just solve that pesky lock up problem..
>
>Lockup?  Or problem shutting down a client that's configured to use the
>ldap libs?  A workaround should be:
>1) boot into single user mode
>2) ldd the pam_ldap and nss_ldap binaries.
>3) move the libs that it needs from /usr/lib to /lib and rerun ldconfig.
>
>The issue is that powerdown invokes something at a point where /usr has
>already been unmounted.  I think that needs to be changed to statically
>linked myself, but not sure what's going to be done at it (it's being
>discussed ATM in Cooker).

Now that you mention it, the shutdown thing was irritating... Thanks for the
workaround.. But no, that wasn't the lockup problem.

The Lockup was with the NIC. If I tried to do anything to cause network
traffic, the box locked solid.
I'd occationally get errors from the NIC (an integrated eepro100).

I finally tossed a second card in it, and disabled the first. It's not the
best answer, but it worked.

Ric