the swsusp included is beta 16, which is broken per the swsusp and
acpi-sppt lists -- not like beta 15 worked, but apparently beta 16 is
even more broken :-)

This could be related to swsusp, but hotplug has quit working, rendering
my memory-stick slot broken (this is USB, so proceed with caution).

Like the last few 2.4.19 kernels, it panics about half the time when
logging out of X or choosing shutdown from gdm. I am so glad for
journaling filesystems.

Jack

--
Jack Coates