On Tuesday 17 December 2002 01:05 pm, Jonathan Dlouhy wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a USB hard drive to use as a backup. Any
> reccomendations would be helpful. Brands, compatabilty, etc. I was
> considering Maxtor since it seems to be the drive du jour.
> BTW, I'm using LM9, two WD drives, ASUS mobo PIII 450mhz , two USB ports,
> ATI videocard, your basic homemade box.

I use a spare 2.5" notebook hard disks for my portable / external USB drive
casing when i upgraded my notebooks' HDD. It's convenient if you are on the
go since it's smaller but a little slower in rpm (4800 rpm) compared to 3.5"
minimum of 5400 rpm. I've read somewhere that notebook HDDs will be coming
out with 7200 rpm versions next year.

--
AFernando

email address(es):