On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 08:02, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> On Friday 20 December 2002 04:03 pm, Robert Goshko wrote:
> > Now it is working, and the solution doesn't make complete sense:
> >
> > I checked around on the web to see if there awas a Firmware upgrade for
> > my DVD/CD-RW drive, I didn't find one, but I did find a firmware "hack"
> > that disabled the region locking on my drive.  After applying this, it
> > can now read my home made DVD-R data disc!?!?
>
> Where did you find this "hack"?  I would like to make use of it myself.

Check out http://www.firmware-flash.com, they have tonnes of firmware
updates and new for CD and DVD ROM drives.

--
...Rob

-- "If we put on a unique index we might end up with referential integrity." --
unknown in-duh-vidual

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513             GNU/Linux i686 2.4.19-16mdk

 10:11am  up 16:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.77, 1.49, 1.29