Olaf Marzocchi wrote:
The win2k partition has just been formatted as ext2.
Now I need wine to execute some apps. Should I use the mdk9 stock wine (20020810: pretty old, considering the project activity), download the latest wine (but are all the releases equally stable? I heard not), look on cooker, take a prebuilt rpm for mdk8 or use the precompiled codeweavers-wine? or whatever else?

Just another question: how much faster will be a i686 compiled app compared to an i586 one? I have a celeron 400.
What about a p4 against an i586?

Thank you very much.

Olaf
Olaf,

Get the CodeWeavers wine packages. They'll work quite well for you.
http://www.codeweavers.com/technology/wine/download.php

Mark