No I'm pretty sure it will work fine with the wavelan driver.

I believe at one point they were two seperate drivers but (IIRC) they
were merged when the old wavelan code was updated.

Just give it a try with the wavelan driver, if it doesn't work, try
compiling from source. I would suspect that draknet should configure it
fine though.

NB