> What ports have to be open on a firewall to allow Mandrake update ? I
> also get a forbiden error with urpmi -a so looks like the firewall is
> blocking something.

On my Mandrake 9.0 system, which uses Shorewall / iptables, nothing special
needs to be done with the firewall to permit Mandrake update to work.
Iptables permits outgoing connections (i.e. to Mandrake update) and
subsequent incoming packets related to the outgoing connection request.

Check /var/log/messages for packet DENYs, or perhaps use iptables -Z; iptables
-L -v to see the packet counts against DENY'd packets.

Brett