On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 14:16, Patrick Atlas wrote:
> I would like to upgrade php to version 4.2.3. on Mandrake Linux 8.1
>
> I think the best way is:
>
> uninstalling any modules (mysql, gd...) 4.0.6
> uninstalling php 4.0.6
> installing php 4.2.3
> installing any additionnal modules version 4.2.3
>
> Anyone can confirm this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Patrick Atlas

Unless you want to remove them... you shouldn't need to do this.  If the
4.2.3 rpms are MDK versions do a urpmi on the 4.2.3 rpm and this will
figure out where and what else you need to make the setup work.  If you
are doing it the manual way use rpm -Uvh not ivh ... (U=upgrade
v=verbose h=hashmarks, so you can see progress.)  the most important
thing is to get rpms built for 8.1 This will limit the number of new
rpms you need to get and upgrade, to something that is a lot more
manageable.

James