On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 14:42, jerry wrote:
> perl runs ok, but I have been unsuccessful in installing ANY CPAN module.
> i know how to, it is just that for one reason or another the modules never
> compile, and stuff it ought to be able to find it doesn't.

Haven't had any problems... are you using good mirrors? Maybe the data
is corrupt?

> Should I just uninstall the perl rpm and then install perl from perl.org?

Not a bad idea if you intend to do a lot of CPAN-ing. It's another case
of two different authorities defining what's right for the same software
-- if you do a lot of CPAN, sooner or later you'll overwrite something
that is controlled by an RPM and get difficulties that are tough to
troubleshoot; or install an RPM that overwrites a CPAN file with simiar
results.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...