On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 15:59, Michael Adams wrote:

> Could be something like demoroniser you are looking for.
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/
>
> This is designed specifically for HTML pages. But if you have any experience
> in perl you could hack it to work on the text saves of openoffice.

Thanks Michael.  demoroniser is in contribs but it doesn't convert that
many characters e.g. :

warning--untranslated character 0x80 ....

But saving as plain text (rather than copying and pasting) does work
just fine, by the looks of things (I forgot about that very simple step
myself).

Thanks,
Damon
--