Dear friends,

After 13 hours I downloaded the beta1 and try to test it using my /dev/hdb13
partition that was previously using LiNeX (Linux distribution from the
Extremadura Spanish community). But I have a real nightmare:

a) My wheel mouse wasn't runing fine, in the selection packages I had to use
the intro key.

b) No possibility to cancel lilo installation (I liked to mantain the 9.0 lilo
configuration and later add from 9.0 a new entry for 9.1beta).

c) No X configured (nvidia geforce 4 and monitor Philips 107S); I try to do it
but having supermount enabled the disk didn't mount in anyway. I try to
dissable supermount (supermount -i disable) and activate the new fstab
configuration (mount -a) but two partition that I have mounted for echange of
files with 9.0 had XFS file system and there were an error: "XFS not in
enabled in the kernel" :-(.  After that I thought I could mount the cdroms by
hand, but an error gives me to more frustation about too much system mounted,
or file system error.

d) I try to restart using my Mandrake 9.0 start disk, but then an error with
file system appear for /dev/hdb13 (the partition with 9.1), telling that I do
need a newer version of ext3 :-(.

e) I started my computer from the Mandrake 9.0 first cdrom, start a new expert
installation, just select the /dev/hdb13 partition and format it; then I
restart and Mandrake 9 run fine from the floppy; I went to the Mandrake
control center and lilo configuration; I didn't made any change, but clicking
accept the 9.0 lilo configuration was again saved on the harddrive. I restart
the computer and then the lilo 9.0 runs from the hd.

Conclusion: I will reserv the cdrw with 9.1 beta 1 to save beta 2; I think I
will not try again an installation until the next beta. :-(
--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Departamento de Biología Vegetal