From lurking on both lists, I can give you some general guidelines: use spamc/spamd (sorta like mod_perl for SA), use a procmail filter to prevent large messages going into SA, use MTA-level RBL filtering to keep obvious spam from going into SA, and then realize that SA is a Perl program doing some very complicated pattern matching -- it is a hog.

had instead of putting on a big box and then having a redundant server (not
quite as beefy)
Thanks
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: John Haywood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 7:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Spamassassin + CommuniGate Pro config

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:12 am, Brian York wrote:

If anyone is using these two together would someone please send me some
configuration files. I have a teriable time getting it to work. If they go
in more than one place zip them in the file structure in the place were
they should go.

Brian,

go to this site:

http://www.communigatefaq.com/cgatefaq/SpamAssassin

print the page out

take some quality time with your linux setup :)