On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 20:50, Praedor Tempus Atrebates wrote:

> I am not finding urpmi very functional nor impressive in Mandrake 9.0.  In
> Mandrake 8.2 it works like a charm but in 9.0 it chokes on virtually EVERY
> query I make.
>
> Latest:
>
> "urpmi recode"
>
> In 8.2 this immediately turns up a hit and seeks permission to install another
> rpm to satisfy dependencies.  In 9.0 I get "no package named recode".
>
> Heh.  There IS a 9.0 rpm for recode.  I also get this equivalent message for
> EVERYTHING I have tried to urpmi.  I end up having to go to rpmfind instead
> to find and download the rpm.

Its on the cd's isn't it?

I have no idea what the reason is, but I had problems with urpmi
immediately after installation. Errors like "everything already
installed" or "no package named xyz." I had to do a reinstall for a
variety of reasons and this time, I didn't install the updates at the
end of the install (someone on the list told me about that - can't
remember who, I'm afraid) and as soon as I had booted into the new
install, I deleted all the software sources from MCC (ie, the cd's) and
used http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php to put together a
complete set of sources including distro, updates, club, plf, tex, etc.
I have had no problems since.

David
--
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur