On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 11:58, Robert Goshko wrote:
> > > Here's a question you might ba able to answer, I'm trying to install the
> > > package kernel-source-2.4.21-pre2.1mdk.i586.rpm, but it needs
> > > ncurses-devel, unfortunately, the latest version fo ncurses-devel I can
> > > find is ncurses-devel-5.2-12.2mdk.i586.rpm.
> >
> > ncurses-devel is "provided" by libncurses5-devel as shown by:
> > [todd@fiji ~]$ urpmq -p ncurses-devel
> > libncurses5-devel
> >
> > Since it's "provided" by it, if you have your sources configured
> > properly, all you should have to do is 'urpmi ncurses-devel' and it will
> > install libncurses5-devel (since that is what actually provides that)
> > and any dependencies that it needs.
>
> Thanks for the tip, I will hopefully have some time tonight to "monkey
> around" with 9.1b again.

Todd,

I got the kernel sources installed, after I grabbed the libncurses-devel
rpm and installed that.

I have now recompiled 9.1b 1, and have ACPI (for may laptops funky ACPI
implementation) and my Conexant HSF Modem working. >>WAHOO<<

Now I can fully start testing it, looks good so far.

--
...Rob

-- "Where the dear and the envelope play." -- Kelsey, age 3

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513   GNU/Linux i686 2.4.21-pre2.1mdk-725ca

 11:10:00  up  1:32,  4 users,  load average: 1.62, 1.40, 1.21