I am using Mandrake 9.0 on a Dell Inspiron laptop.  Yesterday I used
MandrakeUpdate to update my system with the updates that has been
posted the last couple of days.

After the update I experienced the following problem: after suspending
and then resuming my laptop, I would no longer be able to drag a
window (i.e., click on the left button in the title bar and then move
the window or using meta-left).  It worked before suspending so by
rebooting the machine I would again be able to drag windows (until the
first suspend, of course).  This happened under both KDE and
WindowMaker.

It is very likely that this is caused by the updates.  This morning I
downloaded the original RPMS (from the 9.0 distribution) and
downgraded to those RPMS.  Now dragging no longer disappears after
disabling.  The packages that I have reinstalled are the following:

  arts-1.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  dhcpcd-1.3.22pl1-3mdk.i586.rpm
  ftp-client-krb5-1.2.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
  kdeaddons-3.0.3-6mdk.i586.rpm
  kdeadmin-3.0.3-10mdk.i586.rpm
  kdeartwork-3.0.3-6mdk.i586.rpm
  kdebase-3.0.3-68mdk.i586.rpm
  kdebase-devel-3.0.3-68mdk.i586.rpm
  kdebase-nsplugins-3.0.3-68mdk.i586.rpm
  kdeedu-3.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  kdegames-3.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  kdegraphics-3.0.3-11mdk.i586.rpm
  kdegraphics-devel-3.0.3-11mdk.i586.rpm
  kdelibs-3.0.3-30mdk.i586.rpm
  kdelibs-devel-3.0.3-30mdk.i586.rpm
  kdemultimedia-3.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  kdemultimedia-aktion-3.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  kdemultimedia-devel-3.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  kdenetwork-3.0.3-15mdk.i586.rpm
  kdenetwork-devel-3.0.3-15mdk.i586.rpm
  kdepim-3.0.3-4mdk.i586.rpm
  kdesdk-3.0.3-5mdk.i586.rpm
  kdetoys-3.0.3-3mdk.i586.rpm
  kdeutils-3.0.3-6mdk.i586.rpm
  krb5-libs-1.2.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
  libarts-1.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm
  libcups1-1.1.16-0.4mdk.i586.rpm
  libldap2-2.0.25-7mdk.i586.rpm
  licq-kde-1.2.0a-4mdk.i586.rpm
  telnet-client-krb5-1.2.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
  xpdf-1.01-4mdk.i586.rpm

Has anybody else experienced a similar problem?  Any suggestions to
which package my be the offender?

Thanks in advance

Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death.