-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Weaver
Sent: Saturday, 18 January 2003 7:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] troubles port forwarding

Hi list,

Today I decided I was going to make some changes to my home network. So, I
setup an old machine, tossed in two new nics, installed Mandrake 8.2 on it,
and once I got connectivity to the Internet, and the local lan I installed
and configured gShield.

Now, this is where it gets real interesting. After I read some and doodle
some more I managed to get things working. Or, so I thought. I've got all my
services running on a seperate machine. Mailserver, web server, etc... I've
got all the forwarding stuff defined in gShield, and in fact it appears that
at least traffic destined for the mailserver, 192.168.0.3 is indeed being
forwarded to that machine from the firewall, 192.168.0.1. Now, here's where
the rub comes in...ALL of the connections to the mailserver on port 25 are
being rejected. here's an example:

reject: RCPT from smtp.mandrake.com[63.209.80.248]: 554
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access
denied; from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The above excerpt from the mail log is the only evidence that forwarding is
at least working on that part. Else, if it weren't then I don't think I'd
even see that much while tailing /var/log/mail/info.

Traffic for the webserver and any and all other services does not appear to
be getting forwarded to their destinations at all, however my primary
concern right now is the mail. That is #1 priority.

Anyone got any ideas? I've been working at this since 8 this morning and I
passed crabby about 600 miles ago and am fast approaching *hon? where'd I
put that damn Shotgun and those deer slugs...I'm gonna kill it!*

thanks,

Mark

"I suppose I should have a pithy saying here..."
"The brain reports all neurons busy processing sub-routines are currently
occupied. Retry your query in five minutes."