I have a laptop with a 20Gb hard disk.  I have just acquired an 80Gb
external ieee1394 harddisk that I will use for backup and storage of
some rarely used files.

I would appreciate some advises on putting the new space to use in the
best way:
- on backing up is it most advantageous to copy the whole disk image
  (dd ...), copy the file structure (cp -R ...), or do some synchronization
  (unison, rsync)?
- what about special files (devices, etc) if I just do it /
- are the any of the file system formats that are more suited for this
  use (than standard ext2)?

Thanks

Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death.