-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Praedor Tempus
Sent: Saturday, 25 January 2003 1:45 AM
To: expert
Subject: [expert] Postfix is braindead!

I don't understand this.  I have a fully qualified
hostname (stonekeep.ravenhome.net).  I have DNS
configured proper (via kppp).  I can ping any
host/site I wish without problems.  Postfix, on the
other hand, is incapable of sending any emails because
it invariably fails to find hostnames.  From my logs:

Jan 24 17:40:40 stonekeep postfix/smtp[4000]:
7460240224E: to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, relay=none,
delay=0, status=deferred (Name service error for
yahoo.com: Host not found, try again)

This from a message I tried to send to my email
address at yahoo.  I can ping yahoo, I can "dig"
yahoo.  DNS IS working.  Why can't postfix see
anything?  Why does it constantly defer mails when all
the hosts I email DO exist, are pingable, and DO have
valid names?

praedor