I have been having a hellish time trying to get my WUSB11 v2.6 (atmel) working
with Mandrake 9.0.  I had it working under 8.2 with kernel-2.4.18-16mdk but
it refuses to work in 9.0 no matter what.  I tried rebuilding 2.4.18 (with
gcc 3.2) before trying 2.4.19 (stock and custom) to no avail.  I then tried
the cooker 2.4.20-2mdk kernel but it wont boot beyond the latin.comp.inc
point.

In looking over the logs wrt the WUSB11 device, I decided that perhaps the
problem involved the fact that I had APIC enabled in bios.  I rebooted,
disabled APIC and...the kernels will not boot.  As soon as bootup gets to the
point of actually loading the kernel, it just sits there with a blank screen
forever.

I had to re-enable APIC to get through bootup.  Am I going to have to rebuild
the kernel and specifically de-select any and all reference to APIC to get
the kernel to boot without APIC enabled?  Has anyone else ever run into this?
I have never had this happen before.  I have enabled/disabled APIC without
hitch in Mandrake 8.2 but now...

Anyone actually have an atmel-based WUSB11 working in 9.0?  How did you do it?
I have built and installed the driver so many times, always working in the
past until I upgraded to 9.0.  Now very little important to me actually
works.

praedor