On Saturday January 25 2003 09:11 pm, SoloCDM wrote:
> Recently I used "mkisofs -J -o nsdownload.iso <directory>" with
> kernel 2.2.20 and mkisofs 1.13 on Mandrake 8.0, only mkisofs seemed
> to glob all the files by the results from the output.  If globing
> can be avoided, then how?  If I don't need a record of the files
> on the CD from the ISO creation, how can I stop mkisofs from adding
> the record of files?

   Not quite sure what you're sayin, but this always works for me
'mkisofs -r -o cd_image <directory>'
   Actually I use an /etc/bashrc alias
       alias mkcdimg='mkisofs -r -o cd_image'

   So just typing 'mkcdimg <directory>' makes a file 'cd_image' with
all the contents of <directory> in it.  Then 'bdcd cd_image' burns it
to a CDr.
       alias bdcd='cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -data'
The only check I bother with is 'du -ch cd_image' to make sure the
image file is the same size (in MB's) as the <directory> contents
before I burn it.

   I use this mostly for making CDr's of movies or pictures, tho it
works just as well for mp3's, or any other files. IIRC, I got a lot
of help from the CD-writing howto, besides 'man mkisofs'. Both have
lot'sa examples. All the dozens of CDr's I've made this way contain
only the files that were in <directory>, no "record of the files"?.
I have no idea what "globing" is.