I don't doubt that this is a win2k problem, and not a MDK problem, but heck
this is still the best place I know and for this problem STFW-google just has
so much info to sift through.... maybe someone has seen something about this
and can shove me in the right direction.

I just was attempting to set up a canon BJC240 (connected to lpt1 via cups on
MDK 9.0) to print from either a winME or win2k box. it prints (but not
correctly of course) using a different printer driver, so I am pretty damn
sure the network works, and the printer is seen... etc.. some problem with
drivers that prevent printing. it even prints fine if both boxes are running
mandrake 9.0. Win2kpro reports Access denied, unable to connect, win me
prints (not correct page layout) from an agfa printer driver but gets lost
trying to print with the canon driver
 any ideas?