On Tuesday 28 January 2003 08:13 am, Jim C wrote:
> Uh... FUD?
> What's FUD?
>
> > Support by contradicting any Red Hat FUD

FUD is Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, which is a sales technique used by people
with inferior products.

"Yeah, they're good, but who knows if they will be around to support you?"

It is unprofessional to use FUD.  The biggest users ever were the old bloated
IBM (yeah the company nearly knocked out of business for its arrogance) and
even bigger, Microsoft.

RH is a valid linux distro and has considerable server markets, and they
suffer from some problems as well (everyone has them).  Their lists are
unfriendly; their organization is inefficient, and they have NO systems on
the Netcraft top 50 uptime list (The only two linux systems listed there are
Mandrakesoft Advanced Extranet Servers).  I have not seen RH using FUD, but
then I haven't been paying them much attention.  SuSE has used FUD against
Mandrakesoft repeatedly, even to the point of timing their layoffs to the
SAME day that Mandrakesoft announced its IPO.  Of course SuSE has deep
pockets behind it, or at least it did when it needed $45 million to stay in
business (Intel and IBM).

Civileme