Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
Wobo: I downloaded another copy of cd1 last night from
ftp://ftp.cse.buffalo.edu/pub/Linux/Mandrake/mandrake-iso/i586

And it was a good copy. Maybe the microshaft sql worm had something to
do with this stuff; I don't know. But I am sure that downloading an iso
5 times in a row without success is wierd.
There is never any need to redownload.

Just use

rsync -avP --stats

and rsync will examine both server and local files and only download and patch in the differences - a very quick process.

The lovely corollary is that after downloading with rsync, download it again - if no change is made you can be 100.0000% sure your download is good. That is a very quick process too.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
20030119 Get Fastest Mandrake downloader (English-only),