Dear experts:

I am using Mandrake 9.0 on a workstation with an ATI Radeon DDR64 VIVO video card.

I need to be able to record and playback through the VIVO connectors for a project
that is due in less than two weeks.

I went to the GATOS project website (gatos.sourceforge.net), and compiled AVview and
ran it, and well... to be honest I don't know where to start.

I would like to know if you could advise me of the best way to capture video through
the VIVO connector and save it as a file on my computer, and to play it back through
the video out connector for it to be recorded (after editing) onto a VHS tape drive.

Any information would be very useful to me, as I don't know where to start. Basically
what I need to be able to do is to connect the VHS tape drive to the video in input,
play the tape and record it's output on the hard drive (and save the sound alongside
of course)... The editing of the video is less of an issue right now. Once done
editing, I want to be able to play it back for the VHS tape recorder to record it.

Thank you very much in advance, and I appreciate any help you could give me.

gikoreno

target=_blank>http://www.excite.com</a></b>
The most personalized portal on the Web!</font>