Hi Gwenole,

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, J. Grant wrote:

Could deps be created so that the dictionarys are installed and then configured automatically? This would save time for all users.
Deps already exist. Global configuration is already performed. i.e. updates to dictionary.lst.
Deps are broken for en_GB then, myspell-en_GB-1.0.1-0.20020903.4mdk is
not installed my my 2 mdk9 systems, I installed with en_GB as my locale.

So, I installed manually, but as there were still problems I tried to remove.

# rpm -e myspell-en_GB-1.0.1-0.20020903.4mdk
error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
myspell-dictionary is needed by OpenOffice.org-1.0.1-9mdk

The removal dep is there.

To be honest there should be no dep, but the dictionary it *should* be
selected for install automatically as this is user friendly. The same
for rpm -e myspell* etc, if someone is trying to remove it it should be
allowed.

Also, myspell-en_CA-1.0.1-0.20020903.4mdk was installed on my system by
default! I did not select any en_CA locales during install or after. I
just removed all OO and myspell-*, trying to install OO again required
the en_CA myspell dictionarys. So another dep is broken.
myspell-en_JA-1.0.1-0.20020903.4mdk was also required, as I said above
I belive this should be selected for install, but not forced (i selected
JA as second locale during install).

OpenOffice.org-l10n-ca-1.0.1-9mdk was not reqired to reinstall, this is atleast correct. Again myspell-en_CA-1.0.1-0.20020315.4mdk was installed though.

myspell-en_GB-1.0.1-0.20020903.4mdk was not selected for install by
rpmdrake, I installed it manually after.

I saw the rpm script that updated /usr/share/dict/ooo/dictionary.lst,
but if the rpm is not installed it won't matter that it is updated correctly.

Note that MySpell dictionaries are in /usr/share/dict/ooo/ so that our Mozilla can also see them.

Still the dictionary needs to be switched on internally in OO, I do not
know a work around for that one yet.
What do you mean by "switched on internally in OOo"? The user will enable dictionaries *he* wants and those that are actually available. I can't force a default for a user especially for a dictionary it wouldn't want and also because the dictionary wouldn't exist.
When OO is loaded it is neccessary to go to OO "Tools-> Options -> Language
Settings -Writing Aids", select "OO MySpell SpellChecker", click edit
and enable for "English(UK)".

Also in OO the "Tools-> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages" I have
to set Locale to English(UK) and Default language to English(UK).

The later is required to be set for each new document, for some reason
it is not saved; and the default is no western locale!

These are minor configuration problems compared to the other issues, but would
be very nice to have initalised with a sensible default, as MS-Word and
etc has.

If I install en_GB and I open en_GB OO documents, it is fair to assume I
would like to check them with an en_GB dictionary. I think that is obvious.

Hopefully you can answer some of these queries and improve the next version of mdk.

Regards

JG