On Sunday 02 February 2003 05:03 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:
[...]
> The one point that is an extreme weakness for all the distro's and
> should be a natural for MDK is with laptops. I for one have been
> struggling mightily with wirelss for 2 weeks.  Still haven't gottne it
> to work right been through 4 cards ... have given up on cardbus ... down
> graded to 8.0 and now have a 16 bit pcmcia netgear MA401RA working...
> for up to 20 seconds before a hard lockup.  I've googled till I'm blue

I have wireless working OK with 8.2 and 9.0 (though 9.0 was a struggle).  I
use, on my IBM Thinkpad 1412 (old celeron 366 system), currently MDK 8.2 with
a Zoomair wireless card (prism2) that has worked perfectly with both the
linux-wlan-ng driver and my personal preference, the hostap driver which lets
it also act as an access point (works well).

On my desktop, I currently have 9.0 running with kernel 2.4.18 from 8.2 (I
rebuilt it from source) and have a WUSB11 v2.6 usb device using the Atmel
driver.  It is working fine right now and has for days.  I AM afraid to
shutdown the system because I am not certain that when it comes back up that
the USB wireless will still be working (what an ordeal).

Neither system locks up nor loses connectivity.

praedor

--
Conservatives of all times are adventitious liars.
- Friedrich Nietzsche.