I had also some of those problems, eg. Timezone,printers,ISDN (but DSL was
configured and works).-

Upto now I could not install any printer (I have LaserJet6P, HP Deskjet990c
and HP OfficeJet V40). They all are recognized, I can configure them but then
an error like 'add-printer fails' comes.

drakconf can not be started. There comes an error that something like
'gtk2-perl is missing'. I did not figure out what exactly is missing/wrong.

On Monday 03 February 2003 16:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Computer:
> Pentium III 800 MHz, 256Mb Ram, Nvidia Geforce 4, two hd, installation
> in hdb13 (rest of hdb for Mandrake 9.0; hda for windows (two partitions)
> and two additional partitions for linux (/otros and /pelis); hdc=LG CDRW
> 48x, hdd=dvd hitachi, usb printer (epson stylus color 760), parallel
> printer (HPLaserJet 4L), usb scanner (epson perfection 1200U), tv:
> avemediatv, ps2 weel mouse
>
> Installation: Well, finally you can select packages; mouse configuration
> fine, not start mbr installtion if you won't it.. ^_^; but...
>
> - Not footmatic rpm (not printers installed); in fact the rpms were in
> the cd 1 and the cd introduced was cd 3.
>
> - No automatic start installation of net, graphic card, time zone. BTW,
> very good idea install ntp at this moment selecting a server to update
> automatically the hour
>
> - Cable modem: not well installed; eth1 activated but net unreachable.
> To run it I had to:
>
> a) run dhcpclient (a problem because now the bash login appears in this
> way: x1-6-00-60-08-36-91-C8-login>) After that I have, after network
> restart, network accesible (for example ping ... runing) but not internet.
>
> b) edit the /etc/resolv.conf file and add the ips of the dns servers
> (nameserver ......). But still not runing after restart network.
>
> c) Still necessary to install the old inistcripts of 9.0 (--force
> --nodeps) to have internet accesible.
>
> - Supermount was dissabled by default.
>
> - After the first star, I been able to install printers, cups, footmatic
> and other packages weren't installed, so it takes a long time, but it runs.

How did you install printers??

> - Scannerdrake not runing from Mandrake Control Center (MCC is a bit
> ugly, perhaps the translation to gtk2 is still not completed) but runs
> from a console; nevertheless it couldn't configure my epson perfection
> 1200U that xsane recognize :-(; I do it by hand and it is runing fine.
>
> - The geforce 4 general module of XFree86 4.2.99 still not runing fine;
> I had to change it for a vesa generic and now it is runing well, but, of
> course, not dri activated (acceleration).
>
> - Openoffice still not runing, Abort Error:-( :-(
>

> This is all for now; this morning I'll done more test.
>

> Francisco Alcaraz
> Murcia (Spain)

W. Kasberg